44 Emergency Housing Vouchers Awarded by HUD
Auburn Housing Authority has received 44 Emergency Housing Vouchers from the Department of Housing and Urban Development through the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) of 2021 (Public Law No: 117-2) as a relief to address the continued impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the economic, public health, State and local government individuals, and local businesses.
Emergency Housing Vouchers are to assist the following individuals and families:
- At risk of homelessness
- Fleeting, or attempting to flee, domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, stalking, or human trafficking, or
- Were recently homeless or have a high risk of housing instability
If you feel that you may qualify for this program or would like to find out additional information, please see the details below.
EHVs help individuals and families find housing and remain stably housed long-term. Our agency has partnered with Alabama Rural Coalition for the Homeless (ARCH) to determine which individuals and families will be eligible to receive an EHV.
How to Apply
To be eligible for an EHV, an individual or family must meet one of the eligibility categories:
- Lacks a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence.
- Has an income below 30 percent of median family income for the area as determined by
- Reasonably believes that there is a threat of imminent harm in their current residence.
To apply, contact Sabrina Betts at ARCH by calling 334-273-0668, and when prompted, select option 2.