Mainstream Voucher Waiting List Opening May 15, 2023
Mainstream Vouchers are for households with a non-elderly disabled person.
This is defined as any family that includes a person with a disability who is at least 18 years old and not yet 62 years old.
HUD awarded Auburn 20 Mainstream Vouchers to serve families with a non-elderly person at least 18 years old with a disability:
- Mainstream Voucher Waiting List Opens May 15, 2023.
- Waiting list will open at 8:00 am CST and remain open until 100 eligible applications are received.
- To apply, go to www.auburnhousingauth.org and click on the "APPLY ONLINE" button. Select the option to Apply Online for Auburn Housing Authority, enter the required information, and select the MAINSTREAM VOUCHER waiting list.
- Applicants that do not qualify for the Mainstream Program will be marked ineligible and removed from the waiting list.
To be eligible for a Mainstream Voucher, a low-income, very low-income, or extremely low-income family must include a non-elderly person with disabilities at least 18 years of age and less than 62 years of age. A non-elderly person with disabilities (for purposes of determining eligibility) is a person 18 years of age or older and less than 62 years of age, and who:
- Qualifies for SSI Disability and meets the minimum age requirement;
- Has a disability, as defined in 42 U.S.C. 423;
- Is determined, pursuant to HUD regulations, to have a physical, mental, or emotional impairment that:
- (A) Is expected to be of long-continued and indefinite duration;
- (B) Substantially impedes his or her ability to live independently, and
- (C) Is of such a nature that the ability to live independently could be improved by more suitable housing conditions; or
- Has a developmental disability as defined in 42 U.S.C. 6001
*If you have any questions or require a reasonable accommodation to utilize AHA's programs and services fully, please call (334) 821-2262, Ext. 217, or email email@example.com.