AAHRA 2020 Poster Contest
It's Time for AAHRA 2020 Poster Contest
"What Homes Means to Me"
AAHRA will select winners in each of the following categories:
- Elementary - K to 5th Grade
- Middle School - 6th to 8th Grade
- High School - 9th to 12th Grade
Entries must be created by only ONE person.
- Theme - "What Home Means to Me" needs to be placed on poster
- Size - ALL posters must be 22" x 28" and have a LANDSCAPE/HORIZONTAL orientation to be considered for national judging.
- Media - Any art media (marker, crayon, paint, collage, and textiles) may be used
- Contestants name, grade level, address and housing authority must be written on the back of each poster entry.
- All contestants guardian must sign a photo release waiver.
- All contestants must sign a release making their entry the property of NAHRO.
- The Poster Contest Packets will have all the information needed for entries.
AAHRA will select 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winner from each category to be submitted to SERC-NAHRO for further judging.
There will be 13 National winners. The grand prize winner will received an I-pad and a framed copy of their original artwork. The winner and one legal guardian will also receive a tour of Capital Hill and attend NAHRO's Washington Conference in Washington D.C. where he or she will be honored. The other 12 national winners will each receive a $100 Visa gift card.
You may pick up Poster Contest Packets at the Auburn Housing Authority.
On Tuesdays, March 26, and April 2, between 4:00pm - 5:00pm, posters and media supplies will be available to make posters at the Sparkman Community Center, 1350 Commerce Dr, Auburn.
For any questions, please contact Charlotte Mattox, (334) 329-5010 or by email