Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Coronavirus (COVID-19) Temporary Work plan
In an effort to minimize the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and remain in compliance with the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) mandated statues, the HCV Department will implement a temporary work plan until either the threat of the COVID-19 no longer exists and/or the Auburn Housing Authority (AHA) resumes normal business operations.
On March 16, 2020, HUD published a COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questioned (FAQ) sheet for Public Housing and HCV Programs. The FAQ sheet provided guidance to PHA's and answered FAQ. This work plan is a result of the guidance provided.
The following procedural workarounds are implemented effective immediately.
1) Recertification appointments will be mailed with recertification packets. For previously mailed recertification packets with a deadline, a follow up letter with another appointment date and time will be mailed.
2) Changes in income or family composition must still be reported. However, changes may be reported by phone by calling (334) 821-2262 extension 217. The HCV Department will annotate the call in the notes section of the application module and mail any forms and instructions you need to complete along with a self-addressed stamped envelope to return the documents.
3) Public gatherings will be limited to ten people or less; therefore, we will send small group appointments. Due to limits on the number of people, additional people will not be allowed unless they are included in the appointment or are able to wait outside the building. This will include children.
4) Appointments will be held in the AHA's Multipurpose Room. A sign will be placed at the Administrative Office instructing clients to enter at the side entrance.
5) Appointments will begin on time. Anyone arriving more than the 15minutes late will not be able to complete their appointment and it will be considered a missed appointment.
6) The HCV Department will sanitize the Multipurpose Room areas where clients sit after each group appointment.
The HCV Department will ask if anyone is experiencing any of the COVID-19 symptoms before they are allowed in the building. Symptoms include but is not limited to having a fever, coughing, and difficulty breathing.
If you or anyone in your family is a person with disabilities and require specific accommodation in order to fully utilize our programs and services, please contact the housing authority.